For Yorkshire Startups and beyond (Back to homepage)
Here I’m listing opportunities mainly for startups based in the Yorkshire region, but some will be relevant for the wider North. If you have a genuine opportunity (not an event, sales or marketing pitch) that would benefit Yorkshire’s startup community, email me.
- Tech North Founders’ Network – https://technorthhq.com/programmes/founders-network/
- Founders’ Network is the ultimate peer-to-peer network for early to mid-stage Northern tech founders. We don’t charge a penny to be a member of Founders’ Network, so you can focus on what’s important; growing your business. As a member, you’ll benefit from:
- Exclusive insight from the UK’s top tech founders
- Unparalleled support network
- Networking and problem solving events
- Panel masterclasses with industry experts
- Non-members can get a taste of what Founders’ Network is about by attending one of our breakfast networking sessions. In Yorkshire we’re running them in Leeds and Sheffield. Check Tech North Eventbrite for dates
- IoT Tribe North accelerator for Internet of Things startups – http://iottribe.org/iot-tribe-north
- Are you an early-stage,
#IoT #startup with an existing prototype and 2 or more founders? And the ambition to scale? We’re offering a package worth over £100,000-equity-free!
- Y-Accelerator – https://www.scrgrowthhub.co.uk/y-accelerator/
- The Y Accelerator is seeking 10 candidates, teams or early stage businesses to participate in the 2017/18 programme.
On offer is an amazing opportunity to benefit free of charge from three-months of intensive development support and a chance to win £25k equity investment from UK Steel Enterprise. Running from December 2017 to March 2018, the programme is built around modern business modelling techniques, with access to expert advice, mentors, specialist workshops, market research and tailored one-to-one support. The programme concludes with an investor pitch event providing a unique opportunity to pitch your new business to a range of investors with a chance to win £25k equity investment.
- The First UK-China Venture Collaboration
- CO Paul Lancaster
- The first UK-China accelerator programme for
#IoT scaleups is taking place in Newcastle upon Tyne in Jan-May & is now open for applications @ https://tusdotforge.com
- FORGE is the first global accelerator initiated from China, aimed at helping science and technology startups scale-up into the multi-trillion pound Chinese market.
- With a presence inside 40 of the biggest cities in China, and with its first international presence in Newcastle (UK), FORGE shares its knowledge and professional network with ambitious startups and founders.
- FORGE has been designed to invest in multiple investment rounds of a growing startup. Whether you’re bootstrapped, seed- or already venture capital funded when we first meet, we’ll help you grow your business, not only through our financial investment in you, but also the practical support and trust we communicate about you to other business partners and follow-on investors.
- FORGE is jointly brought to you by a collaboration between Dotforge and TUS Holdings, the largest incubator network in China, and one of China’s largest investors dedicated to science and technology.
- EIC Fast Track to Innovation – https://ec.europa.eu/easme/en/news/eic-sme-instrument-calls-open
- Are you an innovative, high-flying small or medium-sized business with European and global ambitions? Are you looking for substantial funding to develop and scale up your idea?
- And could you make use of business development resources and coaching to take your company forward? Then the EIC SME Instrument is for you. Since 7 November 2017, the EIC SME Instrument and EIC Fast Track to Innovation (FTI) are a central part of the European Innovation Council (EIC) pilot, targeting radically new, breakthrough products, services, processes or business models that open up new markets.
- Fast Track to Innovation (FTI) also becomes part of the European Innovation Council pilot. EIC FTI is a fully-bottom-up measure in Horizon 2020 promoting close-to-the-market innovation activities that is open to all types of participants. EIC FTI aims to reduce the time from idea to market and to increase the participation in Horizon 2020 of industry, SMEs and first-time industry applicants.